RigData Insights

Leading-Edge Rates Steady to Slightly Up

  • Thursday, January 26, 2017
  • Posted By Meagan Wildfong

12617
Source: Day Rate Flash Report | January 24, 2017 

 

Overall Review: Leading-Edge Rates Steady to Slightly Up. A total of 90% of surveyed contractors reported leading-edge day rates were stable the last 3 months, matching the number that responded similarly in the prior survey. The remaining 10% reported they had been able to push through some increases during the period.

 

This is the second survey in a row in which none of the surveyed drillers reported a decline in leading-edge rates. While half of drillers expect no change in pricing the next 6 months, 25% expect rig pricing to rise by 5%–10% and the rest are uncertain about rate direction.

 

Call 1-800-627-9785 to subscribe to Platts RigData’s Day Rate Report.

 

‚Äč

Contractors Day Rate

Archives


Topics




Login

Forgot your password?

Retrieve Your Password

Enter your email address and we will send you an email with instructions to reset your password.